Monday, February 21, 2011

Weekend Gaming Report!

Well, it was a slow weekend around the gaming table, but for lack of quantity we certainly made up for it with quality! I won't go so far as to say the the game we played was the best game ever, but it was very fun and when we finished the first game we unanimously agreed to go again... always a good sign!

"So, what did you play?" You must be asking... Formula D, by Asomdee is the game in question. Now, this might have been anti-climactic for you hardcore gamers, but for me the true Win, was that my 8 year old son ate it up! He couldn't get enough and asked to play off and on all weekend. We only dabbled with the basic rules, but I have promised Baden (my son) that we will play this coming week with the advanced rules. I love the time I get to spend gaming with him, and this game truly brought out his inner gamer. He was focused and out for blood, which is a true mark of a future hardcore gamer.

But, I'm going to keep this update short and say that we played around 6-7 games over the weekend with a variety of winners and several dramatic turns involving players blowing up their cars (myself included). The game play is solid and easily memorized, and as for the components... top notch! The board is huge with great artwork and the cars, while tiny are nicely done. So, I give the game a solid 8.5, and Baden says it's an 11 (even after I explained that the scale maxes out at 10).

BGG Info for Formual D!

Hopefully, this coming weeks gaming will include a report on my first experiences playing the RPG Paranoia and if I'm lucky Fiasco!

No comments:

Post a Comment